Advertising: Research/Planning, Creative/Design, Marketing Research: Other
As the corporate sponsorship sales team for NPR, PBS and regional offerings on public media stations, National Public Media (NPM) works with brands and advertising agencies to generate financial support for the public broadcasting system, develop innovative sponsorship opportunities and deliver strong results for sponsors. NPM’s Marketing team provides strategy and support to the Sponsorship Sales teams, manages strategic communications, and brings visibility to public media sponsorship opportunities in a dynamic and demanding media environment.
The Marketing intern will support these internal- and external-facing efforts by conducting targeted research, developing sales marketing materials for presentations and email marketing campaigns, contributing to the NPM website, and socializing sponsorship opportunities within NPM. This position will collaborate with colleagues across NPM, NPR and public media.
Essential Duties Include:
- Develop marketing materials and support client requests for proposals (RFPs) and prospecting efforts
- Collect audience and industry research from databases, such as GfK MRI and comScore
- Contribute to corporate communications initiatives including the weekly NPM staff newsletter
- Assist in producing email marketing content and reinforcing email marketing/contact best practices across the company
- Support quarterly B2B campaigns
- Promote sponsorship opportunities on NationalPublicMedia.com by creating and updating content, writing blog posts and applying SEO best practices
- Support design and promotion of sponsorship opportunities around public media product and program launches, such as new NPR Podcasts
- Support new and ongoing Marketing initiatives such as client entertainment and event activations
- Support Marketing team in administrative duties as assigned
Please apply through our career portal: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NAT1011NATPR/JobBoard/af823b19-a43b-4cda-b6c2-c06508d84cf6/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7caa0a46-6d9d-4d76-829b-5f62e14e94ad
In this fast-paced media environment, we value agility, assertiveness, and analytical and creative-thinking skills. The ideal candidate has an aptitude for learning and a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment. Specific qualifications outlined below:
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail in all projects and assignments
- Ability to efficiently think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with Wordpress, HTML, SEO, Google Analytics, Adobe
- Creative Suite, Pardot and research databases is a plus
- Professional interest in the advertising and marketing industry - Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs – we love fans!
Founded by an Act of Congress and unparalleled in American media today, NPR and PBS are institutions in communities across the country and an essential part of people’s lives. Today, NPR and PBS set the standard for trusted editorial content and true audience engagement.
As the sponsorship sales team for national and regional offerings on NPR and PBS stations and digital assets, National Public... Media offers the best public media sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition® and PBS NewsHour, integrated presence on NPR.org and PBS.org and custom packages and event activation from PBS Digital Studios and NPR Music. We work with companies across categories with a range of objectives — from financial services to home improvement, national branding to regional retail — to create sponsorships that perform.