Assistant Athletics Director- Marketing & Game Experience
The University of Texas at San Antonio
May 15, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
Commensurate with Experience
Full-time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for its Assistant Athletic Director of Marketing and Game Experience.
To direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy for the department of intercollegiate athletics
Responsible for implementing department’s strategic marketing plans with great production of events, fan engaging game scripts, well trained staff, seamless execution of game operations and oversight of all functional areas in support of event management and fan interaction.
1. Supervise and direct the work of Marketing Associates and student volunteers.
2. Create and implement sport-specific marketing plans for all intercollegiate sports and events sponsored by University.
3. Oversee and coordinate special events related to promoting UTSA Athletics.
4. Work closely with the associate athletics director for facility operations to ensure venue readiness and cooperative staffing of events.
5. Oversee and direct game presentation efforts including: development and execution of game presentation scripts, video board operations, in-game promotions, fan giveaways and direction of staff, interns, and volunteers.
6. Develop alongside other departments, social media goals and objectives.
7. Develop new concepts that enhance game day presentation at all sports including corporate sponsor and traditional elements.
8. Have thorough knowledge of NCAA, conference and institutional rules and conduct program within those rules.
9. Coordinate advertising campaigns and buys for all sports.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Five years of experience in event operations and/or marketing in an intercollegiate athletics environment to include three years of experience writing game scripts and producing events.
Experience hiring, training and managing staff.
Event management experience in collegiate athletics.
Ability to create budget, manage expense and negotiates vendor and personnel contracts.
Tact, diplomacy and discretion required in all matters.
Must be an effective communicator, with a strong ability to relate well to students and staff, as well as the community.
Project Management Experience.
Thorough knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Criminal Background Check (CBC).
Guest service management experience.
Two years of experience managing social media campaigns.
Seven years of experience in event operations and/or marketing in an intercollegiate athletics environment.
Experience managing contractors.
Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Sound Director software.
Master's Degree in marketing or sports management
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Internal Number: 10161
About The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.