USA Triathlon is seeking applications for a Marketing Director. This position is responsible for driving day-to-day operations of the marketing, corporate partnership, sales, retail and branding team. Supervises the Senior Manager, Business Development; and two Marketing Coordinators.
- Facilitate a team which is competent, commercially astute, technologically and digitally advanced, dedicated and efficient.
- Oversee account services platform and successfully facilitate mutually beneficial relationships for a portfolio of nearly 30 endemic and non-endemic partners.
- Propose and execute creative ideas for marketing, branding and promotion of USA Triathlon, its programs and national/international events, and the sport as a whole; work closely with the internal communications team and external agencies, as necessary, to accomplish same.
- Support new participation in the sport, and help drive membership growth, by fully leveraging business intelligence and analytics in collaboration with the Membership Department; incorporate marketing tactics and strategies in support of the organization’s membership acquisition and retention plan, including the Time to Tri initiative in tandem with IRONMAN.
- In conjunction with CMO, provide direction for high-level sales efforts, to include lead generation and category prioritization; includes interface with sales agency of record.
- Focus on maximization of existing revenue streams, as well as identification of new ones.
Compensation and Benefits:
Full-time, salaried position located at National Office Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.; salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, health, vision and dental insurance.
Please submit résumé, cover letter, professional references and salary history/requirements to:
Human Resources Dept.
Attn: Kaley Espindola
5825 Delmonico Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, sports administration or a similar field.
- Minimum eight years background in sports marketing, with prior management experience.
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Software proficiency should include MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from inception through execution.
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours as necessary, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with other business units.
- Experience within, or knowledge of, the multisport or endurance industries is encouraged.
About USA Triathlon
USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races and connects with nearly 500,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).