The Digital Marketing Specialist – Email position leads the mass email function at the College of
Continuing Education. As part of overarching multi-channel lead generation and cultivation plans, this specialist manages, deploys, and analyzes complex email campaigns. Through campaign analysis, delivers actionable insight to Marketing managers about performance in order to ensure continuous improvements. Reports to the Associate Director of Marketing.
Manage email campaigns (70% of time)
1. Manage intake of email needs (review creative briefs and attend kick off meetings for new projects; gather request details for ongoing projects) and set up email projects in project management system.
2. Based on project need, gather accurate lists for email campaigns from Salesforce CRM, noncredit registration system, and other sources as needed. Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector or import lists into into Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
3.Secure needed assets – writing, images, video, templates, Web forms, etc. – from other members of the Marketing team on a schedule that ensures meeting project send dates.
4. Recommend changes to delivered assets as needed to ensure project’s strategic objectives, email best practices, and U/CCE branding guidelines are met.
5. Create emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud based on communications expertise. Secure sign off. Schedule send.
Analyze email campaigns, tools, and best practices (15% of time)
1. Analyze results within and across campaigns. Document insights and share broadly to ensureteam-wide continuous improvement. Maintain email key performance indicators on department dashboard.
2.. Proactively research emerging email trends. Map changes needed (tools/processes/etc) to ensure CCE is always adhering to best practices. Work with supervisor to manage change.
Data integrity (15% of time)
1. Ensure integrity of email related data via leadership in projects such as Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration, managing unsubscribes and user preferences, etc.
2. Act as backup for Google Adwords specialist
? Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Advertising, Communication or related field plus two or more years of experience in a marketing setting, or combined 6 years of equivalent education and experience.
? Two or more years of experience creating mass email campaigns, including ability to perform HTML and basic CSS editing, and an understanding of how mass email integrates with other marketing communications channels (such as events, web, social media, outbound calls).
? Demonstrated commitment to keep up-to-date on mass email best practices (through professional development such as Webinars, conferences, classes, blogs, etc.). (NOTE:Interviewees will be asked to provide a portfolio of email campaigns that illustrate adherence to email best practices.)
? Strong working knowledge of HTML
? Two or more years experience managing several different projects simultaneously.
? Experience working well with a variety of people with patience and tact.
? Demonstrated ability to research possible alternatives, synthesize information, and make a recommendation for a course of action.
? Demonstrated ability to use general office software tools such as Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Forms, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
** This is an 100% - 40 hour/week Civil Service Position. **
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.