The Associate Director of Admission Marketing and Communications oversees the marketing and communication efforts of the Admission Office. This position plays a critical role in the creation and execution of a comprehensive communication plan to support the enrollment goals of the College. The Associate Director plays a key role in the creation and development of well-coordinated print, electronic and social media marketing used in the recruitment process. This position also serves as a leader on the admission leadership team generally and specifically as an advocate for the role of communication and marketing in meeting department and College goals. The Associate Director is expected to be a strategic planner and problem solver, providing proactive communications solutions to complex recruitment and enrollment opportunities and challenges. S/he is also expected to be creative and forward thinking in identifying and developing his/her solutions.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) Manage the Office of Admission’s marketing and communication efforts, collaborating with the Director of Admission and Assistant Director for Admission Marketing and Communication to create and execute a comprehensive communication plan for prospective students at every stage of the recruitment process.
2) Supervise the creation of major print, photography, video and web content in collaboration with outside designers, researchers, and printers.
3) Design and create minor print content in-house; organize and maintain, in coordination with the Office of Public Affairs and Student Financial Services, the Admission Office web and social media platforms as well as admission-related content on other campus platforms.
4) Collaborate with other functional teams within the division to ensure all communication with students and on/off-campus intermediaries aligns with the department’s overarching recruitment communications strategy.
5) Collaborate with other key communicators college-wide.
6) Effectively plan and manage the communications and publications budget.
7) Travel to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students of admission standards, the programs of the College and campus life.
Bachelor’s degree required. 5 or more years of experience in admission, communication and/or marketing in higher education or related industry, including at least 1-2 year(s) experience managing and mentoring professional staff.
Demonstrate knowledge of modern marketing strategies and techniques both broadly and in admission.
Expertise in the effective use of CRM systems with a preference for experience using Technolutions Slate.
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Drupal or similar systems; familiarity with HTML; Strong design sense.
Superior writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
Strong collaboration and team management skills.
Attuned to changes in student demographics, communication trends and college admission landscape.
Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse student, family and professional populations.
Valid driver’s license required. Ability to travel a minimum of 4 weeks per year.
Wellesley is known for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, its gifted faculty, and the uniqueness of its campus culture. But most of all, Wellesley is known for the thousands of accomplished, thoughtful women it has sent out into the world for over 100 years?women who are committed to making a difference. Every year, some 2,400 of the world?s top undergraduate women are ch...allenged to exceed their own highest personal and intellectual expectations. The mastery Wellesley graduates demonstrate across the professional and vocational spectrum, and the influence they wield?whether in their own communities or on the world stage?is testament to a singularly empowering undergraduate experience. Wellesley?s lively academic community places a high value on rigorous, probing inquiry, and creative, cross-discipline thinking. Its collaborative approach to scholarship encourages students to question, debate, and refine their points of view, not only with each other, but with our world-class faculty?often by working directly with them on groundbreaking projects. A Wellesley education fosters the highest standard of readiness for the ?real world? in its graduates, in terms of ability to think, act, and contribute meaningfully and effectively in their chosen areas of interest.