We are looking for an energetic Inside Sales Manager with proven experience in the development and management of an inside sales team. If you are motivated by innovation, achievement and being part of a start-up ground breaking division – start your journey with CWT today!
Manage the day to day operation of our internal sales office; to include hiring, training, managing and motivating an inside sales team, achieving targets and developing new and retaining sold business.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Sales Pipeline Management
- Lead, manage and motivate an inside sales team against aggressive targets.
- Build, maintain and monitor call activity to ensure volume streams and revenue targets are met.
- Compile sales progress reports on a weekly/monthly and end of year basis and proactively
address any shortfalls or gaps on targets.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing clients.
- Identify sales opportunities and present benefits and key features of products to acquire new business.
- Prepare quotes, proposals and sales contracts when necessary.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Hold team accountable to build, maintain and expand a prospective customer database.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Cultivate relationships among buyers, especially among travel procurement and operations experts in corporate settings.
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Hold team accountable to close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
- Drive sales strategy for segment.
- Form partnerships and share information with Cross-CWT Business Development teams to leverage cross-selling and up-selling opportunities.
- Communicate CWT’s unique value proposition within the U.S. marketplace to drive awareness of our brand and build relationships for the long term.
- Work closely with the Marketing team on the submission of proposals providing information and advice as well as approving the final documentation.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement to close sales when necessary.
- Ensure that the CRM/Pipeline database is kept up to date in accordance with agreed guidelines and reflects all sales activities undertaken and planned.
- Achieve a close ratio of at least 40%
- Maintain a CRM accuracy of 100%
- Maintain an excellent understanding of CWT tools, technology and products
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees, to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum personnel morale, productivity and efficiency/ effectiveness.
- Project at all times a favorable image of CWT to promote its aims and objectives to foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance in each of its areas and endeavors.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
- Drive each project and sales process up to completion in an autonomous, creative and professional manner
- Creative and brings new forward new ideas and improvement opportunities
- Capitalizes on what has worked well in the past
- Shows ownership of the business
- Shows initiative
- Adaptable & resilient: Works effectively and models resiliency in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid changes
- Ability to work independently
- SALES & GROWTH FOCUS
- Identifying with and taking pride in the sales role. Having a strong commitment to selling. Enjoying the challenge of growing CWT revenues
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of hunger and urgency for meaningful sales results
- Identifies and takes opportunities
- Comfortable with a sales role
- Self-motivated and resourceful – self-starter
- Contract closing experience with ability to close business
- Focused on signing the business with customers
- Loyal to organization & aligned to the team. Enjoys working with others and appreciates the value delivered by teamwork
- Shares work, thinks together, shares problems
- Brings together the right resources to address business needs and requirements
- Promotes an environment in which people communicate honestly, respectfully and openly so that information is readily shared
- Ability to build relationships across team and other CWT functions
- MARKET AWARENESS
- Understanding market trends and analyzing customer buying patterns
- Suggests opportunities to the client based on market knowledge and practices
- Explains market trends to customer
- Understands customer strategy and buying tactics
- Taking a planned and logical approach to selling, analyzing and solving complex problems for the long term
- Medium to long term planner
- Analytical problem solver
- Can create strategies and scenarios
- Anticipate potential implications and issues
- Incisive thinker
- Identify and bring value to the customer
- Proactively researches customer business
- Looks at the bigger picture and thinks out of the box
- Practical and concrete orientation. Responsive and action oriented. Bringing the client fast and useful solutions in a creative and agile way.
- Enjoys being involved in the action, with the broad goals in mind
- Can make decisions quickly with a good sense of business
- Creates practical and time saving solutions
- Coordinates and cross-checks with the customer
- Taking an organized and systematic approach to delivering and selling
- Is organized and systematic
- Detail oriented
- Prioritizes multiple activities
- Understand critical path
- Plans tasks well in advance
- Anticipates and communicates problems
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY
- Displays a wide range of interpersonal skills and knows when to use different approaches to delight the customer and leave them wanting to work with you again.
- Viewed by client as professional, articulate, relevant and prepared for every interaction.
- Communicates effectively through active listening, empathy and skillful expression of own points of view
- Able to interface with all client levels, including establishing executive Level relationships, to build rapport and establish credibility through actions and results
- Easy for customer to deal with
- Excellent presentation skills
- DRIVE FINANCIAL DECISIONS
- Has a deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and understands drivers of profitable growth. Leverages this information to optimize profit for CWT.
- Proactively researches business issues that likely have an impact on the client and prepares solutions
- Negotiates to balance client needs with optimizing profit opportunity for CWT
- Keeps up to date on market and competitor trends to influence financial decisions
- Languages: Fluent English, written and spoken
- Presentation skills: Strong presentation skills required, written and verbal
- Strong listening skills: Strong phone presence
- Technical/Analytical: Strong analytical skills in the area of forecasting and trending
- IT Skills: Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, Good knowledge of PowerPoint skills, Ability to use and optimize a CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Business related field, Sales specialty preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience managing a team
- Proven success in managing Inside Sales team to over-achieve quota
- Experience and knowledge of travel management sales and distribution and/or global travel management a strong asset
- Proven success in selling travel technology/software/consulting services an asset
- Proven inside sales experience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is a global leader specializing in business travel management. CWT has created a new, innovative digital product offering with the aim of being the world’s first true digital Travel Management Company. This is your chance to be involved in this once in a lifetime opportunity to be the first of our sales professionals to forge a new path to success! We are creating an... Inside Sales team that will work in conjunction with our Digital Marketing team in the pursuit, award and retention of clients.