The Sr. Director, Marketing - Lenvima is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of brand strategy, marketing mix and operational plans that optimize sales, patient share and revenue growth in the short and long term for Lenvima in the approved indications for RAI-DTC, aRCC and prelaunch/launch plans for uHCC (pending FDA approval). The incumbent is expected to identify key metrics for success and perform market assessments to identify opportunities and gaps to achieving goals and growth targets. This role encompasses direct line management of a team of marketing professionals (3-5) and an administrative assistant, including responsibility for performance management and personal development of direct reports. Cross-functional leadership of a team supporting implementation of commercial activities within the organization and serving as a member of the US Eisai Oncology Leadership team (E-OLT) is inclusive of this role.
1. Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of brand strategy, marketing mix and operational plans that optimize sales, patient share and revenue growth in the short and long term for Lenvima in the approved indications for RAI-DTC and aRCC.
2. P&L responsibility for the brand; Manage strategic allocation of brand investments to meet financial targets, including net sales and net profits. Makes trade-off decisions and recommends priority activities and investment based on commercial value.
3. Develop pre-launch and launch marketing plans to support new indication in uHCC, pending FDA approval, resulting in launch excellence in appropriate patient uptake exceeding expectations.
4. Ensure continuous review of product and market performance, competitive intelligence, field force capacity and needs, market research to identify key growth opportunities and hurdles facing the brand; Lead development of appropriate action and contingency plans. Continuously look to identify process improvements and other efficiencies and leading implementation of identified improvements. Role model within the marketing team in driving innovation within the marketing plans and in executing tactics in compliance with company regulations and compliance guidelines.
5. Represent the brand with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure appropriate strategic direction is communicated to and executed by internal business partners and external agencies. Acts as brand champion to create focus and enthusiasm both internally and with external customers and agencies.
6. Lead cross-functional teams involving Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, Legal, Medical, PR, agencies, actively soliciting team expertise and input in the development and execution of brand strategies. Liaise closely with Legal, Regulatory and Compliance to execute brand tactics successfully and identify innovative approaches to address unmet needs in the market.
7. Attract, recruit and retain diverse marketing talent within the marketing team. Responsible for performance management and personal development of direct reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree required • 12+ years relevant pharmaceutical experience • 3+ years US Brand leadership experience in Oncology including brand business planning, P&L management, life cycle planning, finance/forecasting, supply chain management, pricing & reimbursement • Oncology product launch experience in past 3 years • 3+ years people leadership experience with proven marketing development and career progression of team members • Comprehensive understanding of legal and regulatory issues impacting pharmaceutical product marketing as well as the dynamics driving the US health care environment • Able to integrate business knowledge, financial knowledge and analyses of available information to make sound business decisions. Proven capabilities in applying financial analysis to build business cases that drive quality decision making and management endorsement. • Ability to solve problems that include many decision makers and carry several options for solutions; Proven capabilities in developing creative approaches and innovative solutions to business challenges. • Must be a strong strategic thinker, able to assess a range of variables including market trends and opportunities, competition, research progress, etc., in order to craft strong near and longer term marketing strategies. This requires strong analytical skills combined with a strong market orientation to identify breakthrough opportunities. • Persuasive written and verbal communication skills including skills in developing presentations/business cases for Senior Management review/endorsement. • Travel is estimated at 30% of time, including some weekend travel
Eisai Inc. (pronounced ?-z?) is a U.S. pharmaceutical subsidiary of Tokyo-based Eisai Co., Ltd, a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world. Established in 1995, Eisai Inc. began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997 and has rapidly grown to become an integrated pharmaceutical business.
Headquartered in ...Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, we are dedicated to a tradition of genuine concern for people and are driven by the desire to help meet the diverse health care needs of patients and their families and caregivers. We are an agile, entrepreneurial organization managed by experienced leadership, backed by the strength, stability and historical successes of Eisai Co., Ltd., which has a strong and lasting commitment to the U.S. market.
Our heritage and mission have earned us recognition as an innovative, efficient, solution-oriented pharmaceutical company - a company that effectively works with healthcare professionals, hospitals and managed care organizations to develop and market specialty products that help address unmet needs. Our ability to forge strong alliances gives us a competitive edge.
In the United States, our rapid growth and strong performance result from putting patients and their families first when making decisions and from empowering the people who manage our operations. Eisai employees personify our values of integrity, respect, professionalism, quality and teamwork.
As you continue exploring our corporate web site, you will learn more about how our commitment to hhc is a motivating force for everything we do and everything we produce.