Online Applications only at kuathletics.com. NOTE: When asked to upload your resume, please upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single document.
Position Summary: Performs assigned duties and projects in various areas of Marketing and Fan Experience including, but not limited to, assisting with game day operations and activities, developing marketing and promotional plans, assisting with community relations efforts and numerous office responsibilities. Graduate Assistant positions are limited to a maximum of two years.
Duties and Responsibilities of all Kansas Athletics Positions:
1. Adhere to University, Big 12 Conference, Kansas Athletics, and NCAA policies and procedures.
2. Maintain knowledge of department activities, sports schedules, and procedures.
3. Foster cooperative working relationships with fellow staff members within the department.
4. Support the athletics department goals and philosophies as described by the Director of athletics and work to achieve and uphold the department’s mission statement and core values.
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff.
6. Exhibit professional decorum at all times while representing Kansas Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Develop and implement marketing and fan experience plans for various sports as assigned; 2. Assist with game-day activities including pre-game, post-game and in-game;
3. Manage kids fun zone activities for various events including non-athletic events;
4. Manage various programs which may include Hospitality on the Hill, birthday parties, kids club, etc.;
5. Coordinate anthem performers for various sports, including organizing open auditions;
6. Manage game-day staff catering;
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletics Director – Marketing and Fan Experience.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
Admission to, and continued enrollment in, a University of Kansas Graduate School;
Excellent organizational, oral, and written communications skills;
Proven strong work ethic and ability to work in a “team” environment;
Proficient in Microsoft Office;
Ability and willingness to work an irregular schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays;
Valid driver’s license.
Sports management coursework or degree;
Experience working in an intercollegiate athletic marketing or fan experience department;
General knowledge of all Big 12 and NCAA guidelines related to marketing, fan experience and game management;
Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
Kansas Athletics, Inc. is a not for profit corporation which was organized in 1925 to foster development of intercollegiate athletics in conjunction with the educational activities of the University of Kansas. Kansas Athletics operates the varsity intercollegiate athletic programs (18 men's and women's intercollegiate teams) of the University of Kansas in facilities owned by the State of Kansas. A... major comprehensive research and teaching university with an enrollment of approximately 27,000, the University provides outstanding excellence in education and research. Qualified Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Kansas Athletics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.