Unity College is a private, liberal arts, sustainability science-based institution with an environmental focus. The College offers Bachelor's and Associates degrees and currently enrolls over 650 full and part-time students. Known for hands-on learning in a full range of environmental programs, a collaborative faculty and staff, and a strong community, Unity College occupies a special niche in higher education and as such has been named 2016-2017 College of Distinction. The College offers internship sites in nearly 50 states and around the world in countries such as Zimbabwe, Belize, Ghana, Chile, Iceland and Israel and study abroad opportunities in 23 countries. Unity College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) and its mid-coast Maine location provides easy access to beaches, mountains, and Portland.
The Chief Recruiting and Marketing Officer (CRMO) leads efforts to open new and secure existing revenue markets at Unity College. The CRMO works with senior leadership to establish strategic direction and leads execution of institutional positioning, recruitment, and marketing efforts. The CRMO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institution of higher education with a clear Return on Investment approach. The CRMO is integral in the identification and development of all new markets and educational enterprises and may have a portfolio of new educational enterprises for direct execution. The successful CRMO will provide the college with grounded creativity through proven strategy, data-based decision-making, and industry-disrupting invention. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CRMO supports and is supported by other senior level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan. Specific duties include (but are not all inclusive):
* Leads positioning, recruitment, and marketing efforts at Unity College and ensures achievement of institutionally established recruitment, marketing and revenue goals for each.
* Partners with Chiefs of Academic Affairs and Student Success to integrate curricular, co-curricular, and residential components into a transformative and developmentally-differentiated living and learning experience through the educational framework of sustainability science.
* Works with Senior Staff and the Chief Student Success Officer (CSSO) to prepare and execute a comprehensive enrollment management plan that aligns with the Unity College Strategic Plan and includes a timeline with benchmarks, success metrics, and associated budgets.
* Develops and executes an integrated positioning, recruitment, communication, and marketing plan that advances the institution's strategic plan and mission, ensures attainment of enrollment goals, differentiates Unity College, and increases its national exposure.
* Works with senior leadership to identify entrepreneurial education opportunities and executes development of new initiatives as assigned by the President.
* Ensures achievement of annual institutional revenue targets while managing discount rate within institutionally established thresholds.
* Achieves institutional recruitment goals for core college programs including academic and co-curricular, residential and remote.
* Works with distance learning programs to align institutional branding and recruitment with online marketing and recruitment efforts.
* Provides supervision and management oversight for recruitment and marketing areas such as branding, communications, events, summer programming, admissions, financial aid, or others as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains departmental plans for each supervisory area including goals, measurable outcomes, assessment plan, budget, timeline, and benchmarks for each.
* Advocates for institutional resources to create and maintain high quality recruitment and marketing programs, and prepares and manages the budget for areas of oversight.
The successful candidate will have a Master's Degree in a related discipline; Doctorate or equivalent preferred. Will have a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the key areas of recruiting and marketing; must have experience managing multiple departments. Successful experience preparing recruitment and marketing plans as well as setting and meeting enrollment targets. The ideal candidate will have both academic and corporate experience. Must have experience setting and meeting enrollment targets. Experience with managing human resources to develop a new organizational infrastructure. Project and budget management experience. Record of leadership and service that demonstrates integrity and accountability. Collaborative yet decisive administrative style that encourages informed risk and creative thinking. Excellent written and verbal communication skills - powerful public speaker. Ability to develop partnerships/relationships with alumni, friends, parents and business partnerships.
This position is primarily day shift with some evening shifts. Working extended hours may be required as needed. Some travel is required. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling responsibilities and in meeting the college's needs. Must have a valid drivers' license with a good driving record.
Unity College seeks to attract employees who share a commitment to the environment and to human diversity, and who have an interest in helping students develop an understanding of the richness and complexity of individuals and society.
Qualified candidates should go to www.unity.edu/hrjobs to complete an application and submit a resume.
Unity College, a private college in rural Maine, provides dedicated, engaged students with a liberal arts education emphasizing the environment, natural resources, and the emerging framework of sustainability science. A common interest in developing sustainable solutions to environmental problems unites our students, staff, and faculty. Recently named to the top 30 of the Washington Monthly colleg...e rankings and Princeton Review’s Green Rating Honor Roll, Unity is rapidly becoming recognized as a national leader in sustainability science. Unity College has just finalized its five-year strategic plan designed to transform Unity College into the “A National Beacon” for Sustainability Science, with Distance Programming as a critical objective.Unity College is an Equal Opportunity Employer; applicants from under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.Unity College seeks to attract employees who share a commitment to the environment and to human diversity, and who have an interest in helping students develop an understanding of the richness and complexity of individuals and society.