You are a unicorn by marketing standards. Never satisfied being an ordinary marketer in an ordinary company, you are entrepreneurial in spirit, yet grounded in the corporate vision. You believe in holding your own in a growth-minded culture, while leveraging your industry-savvy mind to seek and land exposure opportunities for Gongos. PR, content marketing, event management, marketing channels, and business development materials – you know the hats and you can wear them all when called upon.
While Gongos is in the business of consumer-minded decision making, our clients are global insights leaders, brand researchers, shopper insights experts, heads of analytics & marketing sciences, and so are our leaders. You crave being among thought leaders and like a publicist, you enthusiastically promote them. Because you have an innate sense to connect the dots of opportunity between Gongos and an evolving industry, you are driven to help bolster our industry position.
The Strategist, Marketing & Industry Engagement will work closely with our VP, Strategic Branding to guide conception and flawless execution of corporate marcom assets (digital, print, and event-based platforms) and other media-based impressions. This includes creative input and execution, industry best practices, technical knowhow, and optimization that strengthen our company’s sought-after strategy and industry exposure.
The ideal candidate will possess these qualities:
• Keen B-to-B sense across market research, creative agencies, business consultancies; and desire to study industry trends to enhance exposure opportunities
• Well-versed in all marcom initiatives, from event planning/theming, to conference management/ logistics, to industry/speaking engagements, to eMarketing and content management
• Exceptional “producer” skills: from events and promotional, to multimedia and creative campaigns
• Solid command of written and verbal language, i.e. writer-ghostwriter, editor/proofer, business blogs
• Tenacious in the pursuit of opportunities that support business development and company growth
• Strong creative aesthetic & ability to develop briefs, direct and execute creative output
• Ability to envision the next wave of marcom initiatives; and systems/platforms to support them
• Internal and external collaboration to create and maintain digital assets, i.e. company website, blog and complementary assets
• Desire to stay on top of and maintain industry competitive intelligence
The Marketing Strategist is a member of the Gongos brand strategy and marketing team working at the intersection of branding + marketing + industry engagement + media relations + business savvy. Ultimately, the team is charged with positioning Gongos and its brands (competencies, practices and thought leadership) in clever and meaningful ways. We’re nimble, we’re creative and we’re looking for someone to play an integral role in helping us navigate our growth through marketing, media and industry initiatives.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 2-5+ years of marcom-centric experience in a related industry; BtoB or trade marketing preferred
• Proven industry and/or media placement of key executives; portfolio welcome
• 4-year degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
• Proficiency in MS Office 2013 suite and Adobe Creative Cloud. Prezi, a plus. HTML, CSS, WordPress, Keynote, After Effects, Publishing (Print/Blog), an extra plus.
Gongos, Inc. is a decision intelligence company that partners with Global 1000 corporations to help build the capability and competency in making great consumer-minded decisions. Gongos brings a consultative approach in developing growth strategies propelled by its clients’ insights, analytics, strategy and innovation groups.
Enlisting the multidisciplinary talents of researchers, data scientis...ts and curators, the company fuels a culture of learning both internally and within its clients’ organizations. Gongos also works with clients to develop strategic frameworks to navigate the change required for executional excellence. It serves organizations in the consumer products, financial services, healthcare, lifestyle, retail, and automotive spaces.
In 2014, the company was named to Crain’s COOL Places to Work in Michigan, Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, and Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces.
In 2007, the company was first named to the Inc. 5000 list of “The Fastest Growing Companies in America” and is among the Gold Top 50 U.S. marketing research organizations.