Under the direction of the Managing Director for Here Publishing and in coordination with the Managing Director for Here TV, the Director of Consumer Marketing is charged with acquiring new subscribers to the print magazines (Out, The Advocate, Plus) and to our newly launched over-the-top video app for Here TV, plus its incarnations on cable and other OTT services. The Director will strategize and execute on programs that meet subscription goals for these existing products and for any new ones.
- Directly manages consumer marketing efforts of Here TV, Out, The Advocate and Plus.
- Works as primary contact for third-party agents and consultants and directs their efforts.
- Creates and manages organic and paid social media campaigns that show profitable acquisition of new subscribers. Constantly analyzes cost-per-lead performance to ensure programs remain profitable.
- Collaborates with teams from editorial, events, circulation, Here TV production and operations to identify new strategies for the growth of subscriber bases.
- Assists with marketing programs on behalf of our advertising partners on as-needed basis to fulfill campaigns across digital media, social media, print, events, and broadcast.
- Oversees establishing partnerships between Here Media brands and other organizations. Maintains relationships that result in not only new subscriptions but also in publicity, exposure to target audiences, monetary gain, and other benefits that offset costs.
Skill Requirements: The person in this position must be analytical, well organized, have a strong interest in LGBT audiences, and a demonstrated understanding of how to maintain a subscription business. Must be willing to do whatever it requires to solicit subscriptions, whether that’s managing a Facebook campaign or leading a grassroots street team at a Pride festival. Must be able to work with tight resources and remain calm under deadlines. Must be willing and able to work evenings or weekends when needed to meet deadlines or take part in consumer marketing activations.
Additional preferred skills: Experience and interest in using social media as a key marketing tool is required. Experience with Excel or Google Sheets to track performance is important. Prior use of Drupal or other CMS systems a plus. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, is a plus.
Here Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBT market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBT experience and reach millions of readers and viewe...rs every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Here Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Here Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.